Most recently, Doug directed and produced the feature-length documentary, Linotype: The Film.
Born and raised in the Midwest, he has travel in his blood and has visited five continents.
He has a BFA in Graphic Design and Art History from Missouri State University and has received a Type Design Workshop Certificate from the Basel School of Design. He also spent a summer as a letterpress artist in residence at L'Association pour le Patrimoine Industriel in Geneva, Switzerland.
Doug currently lives in Springfield, Missouri with his wife and an ever-expanding collection of books. He also enjoys the great outdoors and dance parties.
Selected Speaking Engagements
- New York City, NY, February 2013
- Washington, DC, November 2012
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin, August 2012
- Brighton, England, June 2012
Beauty in the Making
- London, England, April 2012
New York Times
- New York City, NY, April 2012
- Belfast, Ireland, November 2011
Brand Perfect Tour
- London, Hamburg, NYC, June 2011
TYPO Berlin Conference
- Berlin, Germany, May 2011